As we have told before – Andrii Art makes belts from vegetable tanned leather that is produced in Italy.
Leather tanning is an ancient craft tradition that has been passed on from generation to generation in Tuscan tanneries, combining ancient recipes and modern technology. Raw hides slowly in wood barrels turns into sustainable material, that is dealing environmentally friendly and also in a gentle way with human beings. The vegetable tanned leather does not contain toxic substances that can be harmful to human health and is very tolerant for those who suffer from metal-related allergies.
The vegetable tanned leather production cycle is strictly controlled to minimize the impact on environment. The production process follows these principles:
- No animal has been killed to get exactly the skin. Exactly opposite, skins used in tannery are a by-product of the food industry that remains after production of the meat for human consumption.
- Thanks to the fact that the skin is tanned with natural tannins, the finished leather product / goods can be easily destroyed at the end of its life due to its chemical and biological qualities.
- The tanneries, concluded in the consortium, have made huge investments in the development and maintenance of purification systems, and in waste recycling, which allows them to work in full respect for people and the environment.
- Many substances used in the tanning process are recycled and reused in various areas. For example, the hair removed from raw hides is converted into agricultural fertilizer, the residues from the plants used are reused in the building industry to produce bricks.
- Vegetable tanned leather, recognized by the trademark, does not contain toxic substances such as azo dyes, nickel, PCP or chromium VI.
Each of belt made by Andrii Art is accompanied by a leather quality guarantee certificate issued by a consortium / guild, which combines tanneries in Italy with vegetable tanned leather. This consortium was founded in 1994 in Tuscany by uniting several leather tanners. The consortium has grown significantly over the years.
The consortium acts as the guarantor and ambassador of the Tuscan leather manufacturer worldwide and has established the Pelle Conciata al Vegetale in Toscana (Tuscan Vegetable Tanned Leather), a quality guarantee lable, which guarantees the skin’s excellent quality and origin and compliance with all standards. And this warranty sign is recognizable everywhere in the world. Andrii Art has gained trust and the ability to sign a contract for the use of these quality guarantee certificates for its products, thanks to the very long-term cooperation and the high-quality products being evaluated.
The elegant warranty certificate is equipped with a complex counterfeiting system and the quality tag allows you to trace both the tanneries that supply the leather and the manufacturer of the finished product. Each certificate number is registered in the database and any customer can verify the authenticity of the leather.
This warranty certificate for consumers, who take care of the quality of the product and the protection of the environment, is a trademark that clearly proves that they are buying genuine leather products and the skin manufacturer and craftsman takes care of both – the human and the environment!